Lemon cake Recipe is one of the best and most delicious cake recipe in Lemon cake. We will you make you very simple the Lemon cake for you that how to make Lemon cake. This Lemon cake is perfect cake for special events also you can add different flavors or you can design cake into square cake or round cake as you want. You just need to follow following steps.
Lemon Cake Recipe – Easy Lemon Cake Recipe
Timeframe for Lemon cake
Preparation of Lemon cake will take 1 hour. Cook time required 1 hour and will be ready in just 4 hrs.
Per Serving: 601 calories. 24.5 g fat; 92.5 g carbohydrates. 5.6 g protein. 173 mg cholesterol. 434 mg sodium
Ingredients for Lemon cake
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
Grated lemon zest 1 tablespoon
½ cup fresh lemon juice
4 eggs yolk, beaten
6 tablespoon butter
¾ cup white sugar
Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
Confectioners’ Sugar 4 cups
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon fresh milk
½ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
How to make Lemon cake
- Get ready oven and pre heat to 350 degree F or 176 degree C. Grease & flour two 8” round pans. Mix-up the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Use a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 5 minutes until it get light and fluffy. Beat eggs and then stir in the Vanilla. Beat the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake it in pre heated oven for ½ hour. Or ideally a stick inserted into lemon cake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10-15 minutes. Allow to invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
Filling for Lemon Cake
- At another hand; to make filling we need medium saucepan. Make a mixture of lemon zest 1 tablespoon, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and ½ cup lemon juice until smooth. Butter 6 tablespoons mix in and ¾ cup sugar and get boil on medium heat. Just boil for a minute, stirring constantly. Take a small bowl, in bowl with a wire whisk beat eggs yolk until smooth. Whisk in small amount of hot lemon mixture. Add in the egg mixture into sauce pan, beating the hot lemon mixture rapidly. On low heat, cook and stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until it get thick.
- Add in mixture into medium bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface. Allow it to cool at room temperature. And refrigerate it for 3 hours.
- Last step for frosting. Here also need to use a large bowl and beat ½ cup butter, confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoon lemon juice until it get smooth. Continue to beat and beat in milk with more speed continuously until it become light and fluffy.
- To make a final step, take a lone knife and carefully split each cake layer in half and make 4 layers. On a serving plate place one layer and cut side up. Lay out with half of lemon filling. Making top from another layer and lay out with ½ cup frosting. And so on by adding third layer, lay with remaining half of the lemon filling. Press on cake layer for final and frost sides of cake and top reserved frosting. Finally, refrigerate this delicious lemon cake until servings.
You may also like:
Hopefully you like it this cake recipe, please do not forget to share with your friends and family.