Chicken Biryani is most popular dish of Asian countries, especially in Pakistan and India. One dish with chicken, fragrant rice and spicy ingredients make you crazy while eating. In Pakistan and India if you are going as a guest for dinner or lunch, definitely you will find Chicken Biryani at table. Now chicken biryani recipe has been added with more flavors and taste by adding some different ingredients. No matter where do you live in USA or UAE, you can easily find all ingredients from market and can easily cook. That is why, today we are going to share our first Chicken Biryani recipe.
How to make Easy Chicken Biryani Recipe
Preparation Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Serving Size: 1 Serve
Take a pen and paper and cross check that all ingredients you have.
Ghee or olive oil: 3 tablespoons
Chicken thighs boneless and skinless: 3 to 4
Yellow onion cut into 1/2-inch dice: 1
Garlic minced: 1 tablespoon
Ginger minced: 1 tablespoon
Roma tomatoes grated: 2 tomatoes
Water: 1/2 cup
Green bell pepper sliced: 1
Kosher salt: 2 teaspoons
Cayenne pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala: 2 teaspoons
Coriander: 1 teaspoon
Ground turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin: 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
Chicken broth: 4 cups
Basmati rice rinsed and drained: 2 cups
Indian Chicken Biryani Recipe
Instructions for Chicken Biryani
- Wash rice thoroughly until water runs clear. Then leave rice soak in taped water for 30 minutes.
- Add Ghee or olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add chicken in oil while (oil starts to heat) and cook until brown on both sides.
- At this step, add in onions and cook until it color become semi-transparent or brownish about 3-4 minues.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, ginger, and 1/2 cup of water
- Bring to a simmer, and cook until the water has evaporated it may take about 20 minutes.
- Now add in the bell pepper, salt, cayenne, garam masala, black pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Add in the chicken broth and boil.
- Add in the basmati rice, reduce to low heat and cook (covered the Dutch oven) for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for five minutes before opening, and turn layer of rice twice or thrice and serve.
Share this Easy Chicken Biryani recipe with your friends.